Monday, May 13, 2013

Stories from fellow Lyme Warriors:

Want to share your story? Send me a message on our facebook page. You can opt out of using your name if you wish to remain anonymous. I think it is important for people who do not have Lyme to know that no two cases of Lyme are the same. Thank you for your help! 

Stories from Survivors:

"In 2002, I had a tick in my scalp. Within 5 days, I ran a fever. Then beginning with 10 fingers and 10 toes, the pain in all my joints moved systemically through my body. The pain just to take a step was unbelievable. Luckily for me, my dad is a doctor. My mother had gotten several ticks on a trip to Virginia a few years earlier, and developed symptoms similar to mine. He wrote me a prescription for a megadose of polysporin that I took for a month, and gradually the symtoms subsided. Today I have arthritis in those joints, but no other problems.
My doctor told me that Lyme doesn't exist in Alabama, so I would not have been treated had it not been for my dad."
-Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment