Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Illest Optimist: What DO you do all day?


This is a guest blog written by Ashley Strommen from Scottsdale, Arizona who writes her own blog called Illest Optimist. For two years Ashley was was mis-diagnosed, mis-understood, and mis-erable! After months of diagnostic testing she found out the culprit was Lyme Disease and the diagnosis has changed her life. Through her blog she uses her spunky voice to teach about health, shower those around her with positivity, and fight for Lyme Awareness. 

What do you do all day?

I’ve had people ask me, ‘ What do you do all day? Aren’t you BORED? ‘
For all the inquisitive minds out there, let’s clear this up:
Here’s a list of what you may THINK I do all day and a perfectly descriptive soundtrack to listen to while you read:
  • Watch daytime talk shows: Kelly Ripa’s cute tiny butt, Dr. Phil’s endless health rants, and Ellen’s awkward dance moves
  • Grub on junk food
  • Sleep & Chillax
Here’s a list of what I ACTUALLY do all day and a perfectly descriptive soundtrack to listen to while you read:
  • Wake up because of searing pain at anywhere from 4-6AM
  • Make hot lemon water (fresh lemon essence from the previous days juicing) and sour face chug to get a teensy bit less nauseous while waiting for the sauna to heat up
  • Take a 30 minute infrared sauna while reading the book The Secret and repeating daily mantras or some light monk-like prayer
  • Shower and scrub off the toxins that seeped through my pores in the sauna while trying not to throw up (brings back flashbacks of college)
  • Painfully get dressed in ‘normal healthy people clothing’ of jeans and a tank top to feel like less of a stay at home loser (with the exception of footy PJ’s which I sometimes wear to feel like an outlandish superhero)
  • Read an inspirational book and rest for a half hour/hour or sleep because the mere act of showering and dressing exhausts me
  • Clean dinner dishes from the night before (unless the busy boyfriend who has a billion things on his plate has graciously taken care of these already)
  • Make daily green juice: take all ingredients out of fridge (2 lemons, 1 apple, 1 kiwi, ½ jalapeƱo, spinach, kale, parsley, cucumber), cut and peel veggies and fruit, put through juicer, clean juicer, clean kitchen counters, put juice in fridge (I’m too sick at that point to actually drink the juice)
  • Make my beautiful roommate bfriend lover 2.5 over-easy eggs and a protein shake (in magic bullet blend 1 ripe banana, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, some milk, 2 ice cubes, and a kiss)
  • Make daily salad: mornings are when I feel the best so I need to prepare nutritious food for later in the day when I’ll be too sick to make it. I prepare a salad of kale, spinach, tomatoes, onion, smoked salmon with a dressing of apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and a splash of olive oil; put salad in fridge as I’m too sick to eat it right than
  • Take my daily 10 supplements with water
  • Read an inspirational book and rest for a half hour/hour or sleep because the mere act of juicing and prepping food makes it impossible to function
  • Spend an hour drinking the darn green juice (hard for me to ingest anything but drinking this helps)
  • Complete “sick work” for a few hours: study for my nutrition certification, write blog posts, investigate clean energy sources, research new Lyme treatments, read health blogs, analyze real estate market, listen to inspirational speech’s or church sermons online
  • Attempt to eat my prepared salad; usually takes me around an hour or two to choke it all down
  • Assemble and drink Mediclear Plus (gross poop powdered nutrition supplement that I mix with water, ground flax seed, and one ice cube)
  • Complete “sick work” for another few hours
  • Catch up with mantoy when he comes home
  • Prepare and eat dinner: usually consisting of quinoa, black rice, or wild rice, chicken (for the man of the house) or fish (for both of us), and baked or steamed vegetable (bok choy, carrots, edemame, or potatoes etc.)
  • Watch an episode or two of Criminal Minds, Law and Order SVU (because I’m OBSESSED with Iced T- yes that’s what I call him), Modern Family, New Girl, or The Mindy Show with the boyfriend
  • In bed asleep by 7pm or if it’s a crazy late night 8pm
  • Two days a week I complete all these tasks (minus the ‘sickwork’) and undergo 3 hours of treatment
Lyme is not the same as the Flu in which you stay home, chill, and rest for a few days. I’m either sick from the Lyme or sick from my Lyme treatments every day and have been for over two years.
Therefore I can’t grub on whatever crap is lying around because this is the time when my body needs a high dosage of nutrients more than ever. Because I can barely stomach food I need to be incredibly selective with every item I put in my body and make sure they are products that will help speed my recovery and provide me with necessary energy.
As much as I’d like to chill all day, I can’t. I need to have a purpose and a will to live. I need to accomplish tasks to feel good about myself. If I didn’t do this routine I fear my symptoms would be even worse than they currently are, and I’d be overwhelmingly depressed.
I know I’m a nutcase but I’m hoping this neurotic routine is the driving force of my betterment. My schedule may seem a little excessive for a sick mongrel but I’m so proud of the strides I’m making and anticipative for the next few months of recovery.
Lastly here is my FAVORITE song on the planet because I truly believe everyone needs a daily dose of my life-long-love future-ex-husband mohawk-man-crush tattoo’d-dream-boat Travis Barker (maybe if I had him playing drums for me every morning I’d get better lickedy split… ya think?):


A quick note from Sarah: I am excited to announce that Ashley and I will be guest blogging for each other once a month! I strongly urge you to go check out the rest of Ashley's blog posts on Illest Optimist. Our blogs exhibit the perfect juxtaposition--she is treating Lyme the natural route while I am using antibiotics (along with non-traditional medicine), so our journeys to wellness will be different. This is really important for those with Lyme to know--that no one method of treatment fits everyone with Lyme. Our symptoms and co-infections differ so vastly that each Lymie needs an individualized treatment method. Remember, it is YOUR body and your decision on how you want to treat your Lyme; you know your body best. I hope you enjoyed her blog post, there will be more coming soon! I picked this particular post to begin with since she does just an excellent job explaining what people think we do and what we really do on a daily basis. This is a great one to share with family and friends who do not quite understand that having Lyme is a full-time job. And beautiful Ashley (pictured here), along with so many others with Lyme, fits that Lyme adage that most of us face, "But you don't look sick?"



9 comments:

  1. My name is hoover, my 18 years old daughter, Tricia was diagnosed of herpes 3 years ago. ever since then,we have been going from one hospital to the other. We tried all sorts of pills but all efforts to get rid of the virus was futile. The blisters kept on reappearing after some months. My daughter was making use of Acyclovir tablets 200mg. 2 tablets every 6hours and fusitin cream 15grams. and H5 POT. Permanganate with water to be applied 2x a day but all still show no result. So I was on the internet some months back, to sought for any other means of saving my only child. just then, i came across a comment on dr imoloa herbal treatment and decided to give it a try. i contacted the him and he prepared some herbs and sent it to me together with guidelines on how to use the herbs through DHL courier service. my daughter used it as directed dr imoloa and in less than 14days, my daughter regained her health.. You should contact Dr imoloa today directly on his email address for any kind of health challenge; lupus disease, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, fever, hepatitis A.B.C., syphilis, diarrhea, HIV/AIDS, Huntington's Disease, back acne, Chronic renal failure, addison disease, Chronic Pain, Crohn's Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, fungal nail disease, Lyme Disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major Depression, Malignant Melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's Disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis , Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease, parkison disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy, Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Back Pain, Back Sprain, Bipolar Disorder, Brain Tumour, Malignant, Bruxism, Bulimia, Cervical Disk Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma, Inflammatory autoimmune-mediated arthritis. chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, impotence, feta alcohol spectrum, Dysthymic Disorder, Eczema, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease. and many more; contact him on email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com./ also on whatssap-+2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from Lymes, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband suffered Lymes and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony of so many people who was cured from Lymes , and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the herbal cure to Lymes. I never imagined Lymes has a cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.Lymes has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony .    

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read carefully, it's said that Huntington disease has no cure, yes with the western medication but not with herbal medicine, my daughter's situation made me to realize that with doctor Bharat herbal medicine it can be cured. In 2014 she experienced difficulty in concentrating, memory lapses and depression, at first I taught it was stressed from her place of work until I took her to hospital and the doctor made me to understand that it's juvenile Huntington disease because she is still in her late 20s, which she inherited from my late husband that died of the same disease, the doctor told me it has no cure, but gave her some medicine which I noticed that it has side effects, my daughter situation got worst each day that passes, she was the best at her place of work, now a shadow of her self because of this deadly disease, she speaks to herself often, she was really going insane, I do not want to lose my daughter the same way I lost her father, in 2018 I carried out research on internet and bumped into a comment of a lady that got cured of Huntington disease, without wasting time I contacted doctor Bharat whose name was mentioned in the comment, now is been 3 years my daughter is living her best life again, for those that have the disease or have any love one suffering from Huntington disease, contact doctor Bharat via dr.bharatkings@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anyone still doubt natural herbs? I have seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I wonder why people still spend their money on English medicine when natural herbs can cure all kinds of mental diseases. I have seen it with my own eyes. My dad and aunt were cured from Huntington disease with Dr Bharet herbal medicine. He used BUJA herbal medicine to cure my dad and aunt from Huntington disease, I know it is hard to believe but am a living testimony. My dad was diagnosed with Huntington's disease in 2016, we have made use of all western medication yet no improvement and his doctors said there is no cure yet but still carrying out research, my dad experienced depression, anxiety and memory lapses that made him hallucinate always, he speaks to himself often and that made me shed tears each night that passes by. 2019 I searched through the internet for a solution and i came across a comment on a blog written by [Robert Jane] saying she was cured of Huntington disease that she suffered from for 8years. Without wasting time I quickly contacted Dr Bharat whose name was mentioned in the comment Via his email. He asked me questions which I answered correctly he sent his herbal medicine to us here in Ireland through DHL, in less than one month I started seeing positive improvement on my Dad's health so I introduced the medication to my aunt as well, is been 4 years now, my dad and aunt are living their best life again. Though i gave the medication as i was instructed. My dad and aunt are Huntington disease negative after the medication, Huntington disease is completely gone from my family lineage. With Bharat herbal medicine called BUJA Huntington patients can smile again. For those with Huntington disease or having their love ones diagnosed with Huntington's disease contact Dr Bharat now via dr.bharatkings@gmail.com you will come back to testify

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to make this testimony public and as a sign of gratitude to Dr Bharat. On how he saved my husband from Huntington's disease with his herbal medicine called BUJA, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this disease.
    My husband suffered Huntington disease and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was all i have and the symptoms were terrible, my husband experience hallucination, depression, anxiety, abnormality walking, involuntary movement and memory impairment. We tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him instead the situation got worsen each day that passes by. I spent much money yet no improvement, I really do not want my husband to die so i searched for a cure on the internet and i bumped into a testimony of (Ronda Jasil) who got cured from Huntington's disease. and she left the e-mail address of the Herbal doctor who has the cure of Huntington disease. I never imagined Huntington's disease has a cure until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one month we started seeing improvement, now is been 1year and 6 months my husband is okay and full of life again. Huntington's disease has a cure and it is a herbal medicine called BUJA. contact doctor Bharat now on dr.bharatkings@gmail.com Thanks for reading my testimony

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read carefully, it's said that Huntington disease has no cure, yes with the western medication but not with herbal medicine, my daughter's situation made me to realize that with doctor Bharat herbal medicine it can be cured. In 2014 she experienced difficulty in concentrating, memory lapses and depression, at first I taught it was stressed from her place of work until I took her to hospital and the doctor made me to understand that it's juvenile Huntington disease because she is still in her late 20s, which she inherited from my late husband that died of the same disease, the doctor told me it has no cure, but gave her some medicine which I noticed that it has side effects, my daughter situation got worst each day that passes, she was the best at her place of work, now a shadow of her self because of this deadly disease, she speaks to herself often, she was really going insane, I do not want to lose my daughter the same way I lost her father, in 2018 I carried out research on internet and bumped into a comment of a lady that got cured of Huntington disease, without wasting time I contacted doctor Bharat whose name was mentioned in the comment, now is been 3 years my daughter is living her best life again, for those that have the disease or have any love one suffering from Huntington disease, contact doctor Bharat via dr.bharatkings@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister had severe Muscle problems, abnormal eye movements, Difficulty with the physical production of speech, memory lapses. she was placed on tranquilizers 3 times daily, it helped her but not very much. Her neurologist advised us to try natural treatments and introduced me to Natural Organic Herbs, {Huntington disease Herbal formula}, I visited his blogs and read a lot of positive reviews from other patients who used the treatment and made my orders. We immediately started on the treatment for my sister. she had great improvement and relief with this treatment, total decline of symptoms. All her symptoms left and she has been reserved from Huntington Disease. Great improvement with speech, co-ordination, balance, muscle, mood etc, I gained back my life with this herbal treatment and can never be thankful enough. Visit Natural Organic Herbs, reach him directly via {dr.bharatkings@gmail.com}. She's now living like a normal person without any symptoms of Huntington Disease. All thanks to Dr. Bharat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Read carefully, it's said that Huntington disease has no cure, yes with the western medication but not with herbal medicine, my daughter's situation made me to realize that with doctor Bharat herbal medicine it can be cured.. In 2014 she experienced difficulty in concentrating, memory lapses and depression, at first I thought it was stressed from her place of work until I took her to hospital and the doctor made me to understand that it's juvenile Huntington disease because she is still in her late 20s, which she inherited from my late husband that died of the same disease, the doctor told me it has no cure, but gave her some medicine which I noticed that it has side effects, my daughter situation got worst each day that passes, she was the best at her place of work, now a shadow of her self because of this deadly disease, she speaks to herself often, she was really going insane, I do not want to lose my daughter the same way I lost her father, in 2018 I carried out research on internet and bumped into a comment of a lady that got cured of Huntington disease, without wasting time I contacted doctor Bharat whose name was mentioned in the comment, now is been 3 years my daughter is living her best life again, for those that have the disease or have any love one suffering from Huntington disease, contact doctor Bharat via dr.bharatkings@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Read carefully, it's said that Huntington disease has no cure, yes with the western medication but not with herbal supplement, my daughter's situation made me to realize that with doctor Bharat herbal supplement it can be cured. In 2014 she experienced difficulty in concentrating, memory lapses and depression, at first I thought it was stressed from her place of work until I took her to hospital and the doctor made me to understand that it's juvenile Huntington disease because she is still in her late 20s, which she inherited from my late husband that died of the same disease, the doctor told me it has no cure, but gave her some medicine which I noticed that it has side effects, my daughter situation got worst each day that passes, she was the best at her place of work, now a shadow of her self because of this deadly disease, she speaks to herself often, she was really going insane, I do not want to lose my daughter the same way I lost her father, in 2018 I carried out research on internet and bumped into a comment of a lady that got cured of Huntington disease, without wasting time I contacted doctor Bharat whose name was mentioned in the comment, now is been 3 years my daughter is living her best life again, for those that have the disease or have any love one suffering from Huntington disease, contact doctor Bharat via dr.bharatkings@gmail.com or Whatsapp him on: +393509392854

    ReplyDelete